Child Health Diets
Information regarding the daily needs of the children , feeding pattern of infants, weaning foods, nutritional considerations for all age groups and various healthy recipes are provide for children of all age groups like:
- 0-3 months
- 3-6 months
- 6-12 months
- 1-3 yrs
- 3-6 yrs
- 7-9 yrs
- 10-12 yrs
Diet in Student / Teenager Years
This is the time when the child starts exploring his environment and gets exposed to the school situation. The number of influences on his mind are, therefore, increased and his world of interaction widened. This affects his food behaviour and eating patterns.
Due to poor eating habits, children particularly pre-schoolers, are more easily prone to deficiencies like protein energy malnutrition, anaemia and Vitamin A deficiency.
Diet management at this age requires few considerations to improve their nutritional status are:
- Proper well balanced diet
- Wide variety of different foods
- Good eating habits
- A good school lunch programme combined with some amount of nutrition awareness
- Adolescence this period, rapid growth is accompanied by hormonal changes, sexual maturation and often and emotional bouts.
- There is a vicious circle formed between body shaming - size zero -restrictive eating - deprivation& hunger - binge eating - bulimia
Major adolescent issues are:
- Stress Eating
Besides following a healthy balanced & practical diet in these crucial years, counselling plays a major role for overall healthy development of teenagers.